Geographic Location: Vienna, Virginia
Reports to: VP, Office of the Founder
Application deadline: May 15th, 2014
This is a full time position. The purpose is to provide a highly proficient level of administrative support for the daily activities of the busy Department named Office of the Founder, Global.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Track and coordinate writing and interview requests; assist with drafts; conduct research as needed; proofread and perform fact checking; manage written works file.
• Manage the department’s and Dr Goodall’s personal and confidential correspondence in coordination with other Office of the Founder department staff.
• Maintain accurate and updated versions or Dr Goodall’s CV/BIO.
• Manage Dr. Goodall’s archived documents and objects by recording gifts and awards in an organized fashion and maintain their storage.
• Prepare and process the expenses for the department.
• Oversee Dr. Goodall’s Library.
• Liaise with JGI’s other departments.
• Liaise with JGI’s international offices and maintain listserve, distribute materials, etc.
• Maintain hard and soft files of travel documents and other important department information.
• Liaise with book publishers to coordinate and track foreign editions, book sales and make orders. Work closely with book agent and co-authors on an as needed basis.
• Supervise OOF interns and volunteers.
• Assist with travel arrangements
• Maintain the department’s filing system and office space.
• Provide additional general administrative support to the department where needed.
Successful candidates will have at least five years of experience as an administrative assistant and should possess excellent written and oral communication skills with some limited financial know-how. This position requires a mature personality, excellent interpersonal skills to interact with other staff members, volunteers, interns and third parties and the applicant should have the type of personality that represents the department in a highly professional manner. The job requires an individual who is highly organized with the ability to multitask in order to deal with and prioritize projects and be detail oriented. The ability to work independently, with little supervision, to be self motivated and a problem solver are a must. Confidentiality, high energy and flexibility are essential. Creativity in improving existing systems and creating new ones is always welcome and encouraged! This is the sort of position for someone who enjoys sustaining and organizing a department and its staff.
If you have these skills and are interested in playing a key role in our team, we would love to hear from you.
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to Susana Name at email@example.com
Applications will not be considered without these four items included. Phone calls are not accepted.
The Institute offers a competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, prescription, life insurance, short-term disability, 401K and FSA.