Development Department Internship
The Jane Goodall Institute (www.janegoodall.org), a global environmental nonprofit based in Vienna, VA seeks a Development Intern. This is a unique opportunity to aid a great cause while gaining experience with nonprofit fundraising, marketing and more. The intern will work with the development team supporting the fundraising efforts for major gifts, foundations, corporate giving, and membership.
This position will also assist other departments as needed, so an enthusiastic, cooperative spirit ready to frequently take on “other duties as assigned” would be the best fit.
Minimum 15 hours a week.
Candidate should have:
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and flexibility.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, and the use of online research tools.
- Professional demeanor and telephone manner.
- Previous development experience preferred
- Assisting with strategic donor and prospect research including individual, corporate and foundation donors; compiling information from multiple online sources to share with senior staff and helping assess
- corporate environmental records and philanthropic priorities.
- Assisting with the donation acknowledgment process.
- Assisting with preparation for donor meetings and outreach.
- Supporting donor cultivation events as needed, including venue research and invitation mailings.
- Helping maintain donor database including the streamlining of duplicate records.
- General administrative duties for the department.
Interested candidates should send cover letters and resumes to Chris Brooks, the Director of Membership and Marketing, at email@example.com.