Job Opportunity: Vice President of Development and Marketing
- Develop, manage and execute a comprehensive multi-year development strategy that will meet the Institute’s corporate and foundation fundraising goals, including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of funders.
- Develop and maintain an integrated marketing strategy.
- Expand the corporate partnership program.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle: perform research and identify prospects; cultivate through personal communication, mailings and visits; solicit, acknowledge and close gifts; and foster continuing relationships.
- Work collaboratively with board members and with the staff in the communications, Africa programs, development and founder’s department to cultivate and solicit prospects.
- Work with the development team to create proposals, newsletters, brochures, pamphlets and other materials for use in soliciting prospects.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and professional representative of the Institute to important internal and external constituents.
- Create and oversee cultivation and solicitation correspondence.
- Plan and execute cultivation and stewardship events.
- Work with the development team to create a departmental budget and meet revenue targets.
- Develop and execute strategies to use the JGI’s programmatic staff in relationship-building with donors.
- A passion for the mission and goals of the Jane Goodall Institute
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of seven years of demonstrated success in individual, corporate and foundation fundraising with a proven track record of securing large gifts and increasing contributions
- The ability to plan strategically and build long-term relationships with donors
- Experience in current trends in charitable giving
- The ability to manage numerous projects and meet multiple pressing deadlines simultaneously while being independently motivated
- A background in international or education conservation preferred
- The willingness to travel extensively within the United States and internationally
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and experience with donor databases