JGI Announces Benefit Auction on Charitybuzz
Auction Lots Include Items from Dr. Jane Goodall, Modern Family, Saturday Night Live and Grammy®-Winning Artist Ben Harper
October 19-November 9, 2011
The Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) today announced the start of an online auction to further the mission of renowned primatologist and conservationist Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, JGI founder and UN Messenger of Peace. Featuring a variety of one-of-a-kind experiences and merchandise, the auction will be hosted online with leading charity auction site charitybuzz at www.charitybuzz.com/JaneGoodall2011 from October 19 to November 9, 2011. Proceeds from the auction will support JGI’s ongoing programs, including chimpanzee preservation and protection, community-centered conservation in Africa, and Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots, JGI’s global environmental and humanitarian youth program in more than 120 countries.
The benefit auction includes exclusive experiences such as a private “coffee” with Dr. Jane Goodall, tickets to a taping of Dancing with the Stars, a tour of The Today Show, VIP sports packages, and much more.
Other top auction lots that bidders can win include:
- Signed items from Dr. Jane Goodall’s personal collection;
- Tickets to a taping of The Rosie Show with a meet and greet;
- A signed script from and tour of the set of Modern Family;
- VIP tickets to a taping of Jeopardy!;
- A framed, limited-edition poster signed by Grammy®-winning artist Ben Harper;
- VIP tickets to a taping of Dr. Phil;
- Tickets to see the Georgetown Men's Basketball team at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.;
- Signed scripts from Fast Five and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation;
- Tickets to see Penn State football at Wisconsin; and
- An autographed batting helmet from Philadelphia Phillies player and 2011 MLB All-Star Shane Victorino.
Online bidding is open to the public through November 9, 2011. Bidders must complete a simple registration process with a valid credit card at www.charitybuzz.com to place a bid.