Jane Goodall Global Leadership Awards - September 24, 2011
On Sept. 24, 2011, the Jane Goodall Institute hosted "A Conversation with Jane Goodall" featuring the Jane Goodall Global Leadership Awards. The awards honor the work and achievements of individuals and organizations that embody the Institute’s mission by taking informed and compassionate action on behalf of all living things.
The 2011 Jane Goodall Global Leadership Award winners include:
• Esri for Excellence in Conservation Science
• Adam Anthony of Tanzania and Lauren Gibson of Indiana for Roots & Shoots Youth Leadership
• Renée Gunther for Excellence in Education
• The Walt Disney Company for Corporate Social Responsibility
• The Honorable George Miller, U.S. Representative, California, 7th District, for Excellence in Public Policy
• Dave Matthews for Responsible Activism in Media and Entertainment
The event, including presentation of the 2011 Jane Goodall Global Leadership Awards, was sponsored by Anvil Knitwear, Delta Air Lines, Disneynature, Esri and Patagonia.