Location: Washington Metro Area - Vienna (Tyson’s Corners), VA
The Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) is seeking a proactive, highly motivated college student or recent graduate who is passionate about the mission
of our organization and is interested in serving as an intern in the Office of the Founder (OOF).
Dr. Jane Goodall travels an average of 300 days per year, spreading her message of hope all over the world. On any given day, she may be speaking about her chimpanzee behavioral research in what is today Tanzania; the threats facing chimpanzees; JGI’s community-centered conservation programs in Africa; and the Institute’s global environmental and humanitarian youth program, Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots.
Interested individuals will have a unique opportunity to interact with the world’s foremost authority on wildlife conservation while gaining a bird’s-eye view into the inner workings of the Institute.
The OOF intern will work with the members of the Office of the Founder’s team, as well as other JGI staff, to support their work and projects on a day-to-day basis.
The OOF intern’s responsibilities will include:
• Supporting OOF’s director and outreach coordinator in the planning of Dr. Goodall’s lecture tours
• Responding to correspondence sent to Dr. Goodall (emails and letters)
• Researching specific topics related to Dr. Goodall’s writing requests
• Organizing and maintaining JGI’s archives, including physical and electronic files
• Generating content for the website/social media and helping edit documents
• Providing support related to media requests
• Performing general administrative tasks
The ideal candidate will be:
• Able to manage multiple tasks with little supervision
• Be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Have an interest in learning about and helping with a wide range of activities
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and social media properties
• Possess solid interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Be eligible to work in the United States
• This is an unpaid internship, but the Institute can provide college credit.
• Interns have a flexible schedule but must commit to 20-30 hours per week.
Interested candidates should email their resume, a cover letter and two writing samples to Jacob Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org